Sat 12
Under 10 Blue
Lowdham Colts Red
B Gosling (20'), (45'), J Guest (30')
The Almost Comeback Kings!!

The Almost Comeback Kings!!

By Jane Johnson
Share via

A Real Game Of Two Halves

By Henry Johnson

This was it; The final league match and a win would guarantee Radcliffe second in the league.

We were off! Right from the start, Radcliffe were knocking the ball around nicely. Noah the Gazelle was putting the after burners on, sprinting past the Lowdham defence. Then Lowdham went on the attack; squared it to their number 9 who scored. 1-0!

The Radcliffe heads had dropped. Then straight away Lowdham went on the attack again and scored - 2-0! Johnny was now on the pitch & he played a great back pass to Josh which unfortunately hit the post and bounced into the path of the Lowdham striker making it 3 goals for Lowdham in quick succession.

Suddenly we broke onto the attack with Johnny mimicking Neymar with amazing skill, crossing it into Bob who slotted it home - 3-1. We were battling now! Lowdham's very tall number 10 took a throw in (if you saw the size of him you'd be questioning whether this was under 10s & not the under 16s)....anyway back to the match....their number 9 got the ball, took a shot but there was a great save by Josh to put it out for a corner. They took the corner, it floated over everyone except one of the Lowdham players who was left with an open goal. 4-1 at Half Time.

As the second half began, Radcliffe had a mountain to climb but Sam was controlling the game in midfield while Kyle was causing havoc up front. Lowdham were still pressing but Jonty was pressurising like mad. Radcliffe got a corner, Noah drifted a ball in and Joe got on the end of it, 4-2! The comeback was on! Radcliffe were fired up now like ants in your pants! Lowdham came at us; their number 4 on a long run until he was superbly stopped in his tracks by Henry. Jacob the Ninja was chasing them down brilliantly, like a firework in your shoes. Noah broke down the left, passed to Bob who bagged his second of the game, 4-3 ! As we went on the attack once more, a free kick was awarded to Radcliffe - maybe our final hope of an equaliser! But unfortunately our free kick hit the wall and the ref blew his last blast on the whistle. Final score, 4-3.
All in all it was a tale of two halves and a much stronger performance from Radcliffe in the second half.

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 12, Mar 2016



Meet time